Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Shampoo

I am a creature of habit.

Every morning as I shower, I grab the shampoo bottle and squirt a liberal dollop in the palm of my hand. I then apply it with the greatest confidence to the top of my head and vigorously rub it all over. I’m sure this is a common procedure for many people.

The odd part for me is I no longer have hair on top of my head. And I haven’t for the last five years. Yet this doesn’t stop me from plonking the shampoo right on the top of the ol’ noggin, instead of on the sides where there’s still a vestige of hair hanging on for grim life. Every time I perform this morning ritual I chuckle at myself for refusing to accept the truth and consider how my habits shape me (both good and bad.) I then grab the conditioner and repeat the process.

No comments: